httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/modules/standard mod_expires.c mod_include.c mod_log_config.c mod_rewrite.c mod_usertrack.c
Date Sun, 29 Mar 1998 23:40:19 GMT
dgaudet@hyperreal.org wrote:

> dgaudet     98/03/28 03:58:37
>
>   Log:
>   Finally dealt with the vformatter() thing that's been sitting in STATUS
>   since october.
>
>   - apapi_vformatter() is generic printf-style routine with arbitrary
>     output

Blimey!  I'm offline for three days while I install a new computer
desk, and the world tilts!

I haven't looked at this yet, but is it really "apapi_" - that is,
it contains dependencies on the httpd core, like pools or something?
Remember, ap_snprintf() was *not* dependent upon the core for
anything, and thus was broken out into libap so it could be used
by non-httpd things.

If the new vformatter() doobie is like this, the name should be "ap_"
rather than "apapi_".  If it *does* contain dependencies, can it
be further reduced to those pieces that do and those that don't,
so the parts that don't can go into libap for general use (i.e., inclusion
in the nascent "Apache Reusable Software Library" effort)?

Or am I being a total ass for speaking up without checking first?

#ken	P-)}

"Apache Server for Dummies" <http://WWW.Dummies.Com/