httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: windows nt port of apache
Date Fri, 27 Mar 1998 12:33:34 GMT
Alan, sorry about the delay..

Alan Silver wrote:

> I just downloaded the Windows NT port of Apache from your web site.
> According to the /docs/windows.html page, this should contain source
> code which needs compilng. In fact it contains the executables rather
> than the source (which is promised on the web page so I assume that the
> download files have been updated and the web page has not). The
> apache_1.3b3_win32.exe executable runs an install routine that installs
> the compiled binaries into C:\Program Files\Apache, not into C:\apache
> as the web page says it should.
>
> The apache_1.3b3_win32_ext.exe then tries to find a directory called
> C:\apache to install, but can't as the previous installation went into
> C:\Program Files\Apache.

Both of these *should* give you an opportunity to change the
install directory for the package being installed (the server or the
add-on files).  They have different defaults for reasons I
won't go into, but you should be able to change where the files
get put when you run the installers.

Please try it again and look for a "browse" button; try using
it to tell the installer to use "C:\Apache".  If you don't
see that button, let us know!

#ken	P-)}

"Apache Server for Dummies" <http://WWW.Dummies.Com/