httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: WIN32: is Apache supposed to set key itself?
Date Sun, 22 Mar 1998 16:04:25 GMT
Paul Sutton wrote:

> Unfortunately there are a lot of NT people who've never had the experience
> of working with Unix, so accept as normal the NT way of doing things (that
> is why so many people still use NT despite the fact it requires reboots
> every few days and whenever new software is installed, and cannot be
> administred remotely). Adding multiple instance ability to Apache on NT
> would be extra complexity for no benefit to the end users who are going to
> use Apache.

Fine; then let's clearly document that multiple instantiations on
Win32 are NOT SUPPORTED.  That will make me happier than trying to
deal with the issue any other way, since it requires a significant
amount of thought to get right (and even then may be ugly).

Anyone have any problem with making this a documented restriction?

#ken	P-)}

"Apache Server for Dummies" <http://WWW.Dummies.Com/