httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@topsail.org>
Subject Re: Proxy module deficiency list: Please help!
Date Sun, 22 Mar 1998 03:21:45 GMT
>From mod_proxy.h:

1. add 230 response output for ftp now that it works

2. Make the ftp proxy transparent, also same with (future) gopher & wais

3. Use protocol handler struct a la Apache module handlers (Dirk van
Gulik)

4. Use a cache expiry database for more efficient GC (Jeremy Wohl)

5. Bulletproof GC against SIGALRM

In addition, child process for GC would be a good thing.

System Owner wrote:

> I want at least create a list of currently known and existing deficiencies of
> the proxy module. My idea is that when we have this list we can at least fix
> some of these deficiencies for 1.3. So, please complete the following list
> with as much detailed information as you know:
>
>  Current deficiencies of mod_proxy:
>  ----------------------------------
>   o missing HTTP/1.1 conformity, especially:
>       - support for KeepAlives
>       - ??
>   o some reported segmentation faults
>     (see: query-pr -i --state="open|analyzed|suspended|feedback"
>                    --category="mod[ _]proxy")
>   o support for proxy authentication
>   o ??
>
>                                        Ralf S. Engelschall
>                                        rse@engelschall.com

chuck
Chuck Murcko            The Topsail Group             West Chester PA
USA
chuck@topsail.org