httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: WIN32: is Apache supposed to set key itself?
Date Sat, 21 Mar 1998 22:54:49 GMT
Paul Sutton wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Mar 1998, Marc Slemko wrote:
> > Would it not be a good thing if Apache would set the registry key itself
> > when run with -i or something?
>
> Yes, it will do in 1.3b6

Unforunately, there's still an issue with this: namely, the current apparent
assumption that there will only be one Apache process running, and only one
Apache configuration, on a Win32 system.  That's certainly not a safe
assumption to make for UNIX, and I don't think it's safe for Win32.

We need registry keys for each configuration, and ways to identify which
key needs to be used (by things like the trayapp) to communicate with a
particular configuration.

#ken	P-)}

"Apache Server for Dummies" <http://WWW.Dummies.Com/