httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <>
Subject Re: why are we setting DB_LIB?
Date Tue, 17 Mar 1998 23:58:34 GMT
Marc Slemko wrote:
> Although I don't know what to do about ndbm stuff.  ie. you need a
> different include file, plus possible other mess.
> Grr.  This whole db junk is a mess.  How much would people object to
> having one db module for dbm, db, ndbm, etc?  It wouldn't be too hard to
> make a single *db* module that used whichever was found, but then people
> wouldn't have multiple modules if they want to use both.

In the unlikely event that someone wants both, they can work out how to
do it for themselves (cp mod_db.c mod_db2.c, emacs mod_db2.c Configure,
wash, rinse, repeat).

> Sheesh.  One of the stories just on the hourly news on the radio here was
> about sendmail adding antispam features and they were saying all spam
> would be gone.

Hashcash. You know it makes sense.

Freelance Consultant  |Fax:   +44 (181) 735 0689|
and Technical Director|Email: |
A.L. Digital Ltd,     |Apache-SSL author
London, England.      |"Apache: TDG"

View raw message