httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@telebusiness.co.nz>
Subject Re: child_exit
Date Tue, 17 Mar 1998 00:42:57 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, Doug MacEachern wrote:
>
> > I'll leave it to you to decide what happens to child_exit.   I had to do this
> > with mod_perl so the PerlChildExitHandler will still work, the approached
> > seemed general enough that it might be worth doing in the core.
>
> Huh?  There shouldn't be any difference between the two approaches --
> except in the ordering of the cleanups.  child_exit_modules() happens
> before the cleanups.  What were you having problems with?

no problems.  I'm pretending that child_exit is going away.  So now I have
mod_perl's child_init register a cleanup to run PerlChildExitHandlers.  If the
core's child_init registered a cleanup to run child_exit_modules(), a module's
child_exit hook wouldn't need to change, right?  This would then be the one time
and place where child_exit_modules() is called.  I'm not 100% clear on what the
current child_exit problem(s) are, so if what I'm suggesting might be bogus.

> At any rate I'm not taking it out unless someone else votes on it.  Either
> nobody cares, or nobody has noticed that I put it into the STATUS... ditto
> for the content_language thing.

I noticed the STATUS, that's why I started this thread :-)

-Doug