httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@telebusiness.co.nz>
Subject child_exit
Date Mon, 16 Mar 1998 22:19:32 GMT
so, we don't need child_exit because we can just use register_cleanup
with the pool who has a lifetime of the child (is there a name for
that?).  Why not keep the child_exit hook for modules (in the module
structure), but add a child_init to core_module which registers a
cleanup that will invoke child_exit_modules()?  This way, modules who
are using child_exit don't need to change, and plugin developers who
want child_exit-ness can avoid the awkwardness of using
register_cleanup().
I've done this with mod_perl and it seems to work just fine.

-Doug