httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: win32 and <Perl>
Date Sun, 15 Mar 1998 23:01:46 GMT
Doug MacEachern wrote:

> Ben Laurie wrote:
>
> > Doug MacEachern wrote:
> > >
> > > This came up ages ago, but we never did anything about it.  As you know
> > > mod_perl lets you write configuration files in Perl, but it uses some
> > > configuration routines that are not "public".  For sometime, the <Perl>
> > > config section code has been #ifdef'd out under win32.  Getting back to
> > > it today, resulted in the attached patch.  vc++ stFrom new-httpd-owner-new-httpd-archive=hyperreal.org@apache.org
Mon Mar 16 03:35:21 1998
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 20:35:14 -0700 (MST)
From: Marc Slemko <marcs@worldgate.com>
To: Apache - BYOC <new-httpd@apache.org>
Subject: windows installer
Sender: new-httpd-owner@apache.org

It has been suggested to me that looking at a product called Wise
(http://www.glbs.com/) may be worthwhile.  I know nothing about it, and we
would have to convince them to give a free license, but I figure perhaps
their programmers have advanced beyond the "busy-wait 'cause its cool"
stage that installshield is at.

I support whatever works, and if IS2 is that then I sure won't complain.
But I'm leery of all IS products based on what I have seen of IS5...

Anyone have any background in actually using this?  I realize that we have
the stuff required for an IS2 installer that works ok, but I am concerned
about the future.