httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@telebusiness.co.nz>
Subject Re: SERVER_BUILT gone away
Date Tue, 10 Mar 1998 00:23:38 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Doug MacEachern wrote:
> >
> > thanks Ken, but I was kinda hoping to see the backwards compatible fix:
> >
> > #define SERVER_BUILT apapi_get_server_built()
> >
> > why can't we do that?
>
> SERVER_BUILT is new with 1.3, so I don't espouse the idea of exporting
> it just because some stuff was hacked to compile during the beta cycle.

I knew you would say that :-)  There are many people who consider apache
beta releases, stable releases, running in production, etc.  When a change
like this happens, us "third-party" module authors have to make a new
release too.  I understand, some cannot be avoided, this one could be.  But,
no worries, MMN will do and I'll make a new mod_perl release before b6.

-Doug