httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/helpers UpdateHide
Date Thu, 05 Mar 1998 12:54:24 GMT
Paul Sutton wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> > Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> > >
> > >   -        next if ($name =~ m:^ap(_)|(api):);
> > >   +        next if ($name =~ m/^ap(?:_|api)/);
>
> Er, pardon? Ralf's code works, the original regex doesn't. There shouldn't
> even be a question of a complaint here, let alone a veto. For what its
> worth, -1 on the original regex (it doesn't work), +1 for Ralf's.

Sure there can be a question of a complaint; everyone's entitled to
their opinion, however wrong it may be.  I'm sure I tested the regex
before coding it, but my surety has had a confidence level of less than
1.0 before. ;-)  In other words, I admit that I may have been wrong,
but I disagree that I'm not allowed to complain.

Since two people I respect say I'm wrong, I'd better go back and
do a refresher on this stuff.  'Nuff said..

#ken	P-)}

"Apache Server for Dummies" <http://WWW.Dummies.Com/