httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Anderson <...@redes.int.com.mx>
Subject Re: os-solaris/1904: -DFCNTL_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT necessary for mod_include's exec functions & suexec (fwd)
Date Mon, 02 Mar 1998 23:13:05 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> Yeah but you probably use them in a multithreaded
> single process program. We're using them in a
> multiprocess program... they're documented to
> support that, but don't seem to quite work out
> when you start pounding on things a lot with
> fork()s and exec()s and signals... and all those
> things that tend not to be used so much in
> multithreaded programs.

You're right that my programs don't use fork() or exec()
(no need for them with threads) but I do use some
signals for asychronous signaling. A typical application
consists of multiple processes doing similar activity,
but with no parent/child relationship. It may be exec()
which is causing your problems.

--
Mike Anderson
mka@redes.int.com.mx