httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3 STATUS
Date Mon, 30 Mar 1998 13:46:14 GMT
randy@hyperreal.org wrote:

>   +
>   +        I agree with Dean 100%. The work created to keep this straight
>   +        far outweighs any gain this could give. -Randy
>   +

I think the reason why is because we don't _know_ what should be
ap_, what should be appri_, appub_ etc... With that in mind,
_sure_ it's easier to just call everything ap_ and be done with
it. But it doesn't do one thing at all about differentiating
what's API, public or private, which is what this whole thing
was about, as far as I can recall.