httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@engelschall.com (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject Re: Shared library support detection
Date Mon, 30 Mar 1998 06:12:46 GMT

In article <Pine.WNT.3.96.980329140426.-191397F-100000@shell.lerdorf.on.ca> you wrote:

> If the system we are trying to build shared library support on is not
> listed in Configure, might it be an idea to attempt to guess it with:

> CFLAGS_SHLIB=`perl -V:cccdlflags | cut -d\' -f2`
> LDFLAGS_SHLIB=`perl -V:lddlflags | cut -d\' -f2`
> LDFLAGS_SHLIB_EXPORT=`perl -V:ccdlflags | cut -d\' -f2`
> ?

Yeah, would be a good fallback. But we have to be carefully
here:

1. We had to check that "perl" is in PATH to avoid errors
2. We should print a Warning or Verbose message from
   src/Configure to tell the user that we are just guessing

But beside these two points this would be reasonable solution.  I'll try to
create a patch for this idea in the next few hours for review.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com