httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@engelschall.com (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject APACI: Status
Date Sat, 28 Mar 1998 15:03:55 GMT

OK, I've spent the whole afternoon and tested APACI under a lot of Unix
platforms and adjusted APACI to be maximum portable. The list of already
tested platforms is:

  + FreeBSD   2.1.5-RELEASE   [en1]         +DSO
  + FreeBSD   2.2.2-RELEASE   [taz]         +DSO
  + FreeBSD   2.2.5-RELEASE   [en4]         +DSO
  + Solaris   2.5.1           [sunti5]      +DSO
  + Solaris   2.6             [en5]         +DSO
  + SunOS     4.1.3           [sunbi1]      +DSO
  + Linux     2.0.33 / Deb131 [gw1]         +DSO
  + Linux     2.0.33 / RH4.1  [rcs41]       +DSO
  + DEC OSF/1 4.0             [rcs12]       +DSO
  + IRIX      6.2             [sgihalle14]  -
  + HPUX      10.20           [rcs31]       -
  + AIX       4.2             [rcs7]        -

The current version was once again uploaded as apaci-980328.tar.gz to
ftp://ftp.apache.org/apache/dist/contrib/apaci/ for those of us who already
want to play with APACI.

I'll investigate more tomorrow (Sunday) by testing perhaps UnixWare (if I get
access to such a machine) and then finally reviewing the code again. Then I'll
commit it.

I've enhanced the --shadow option (for creating a shadow tree) and it seems to
work as expected. But perhaps Ben Hyde or others with a lot of platform access
can test it, too. Because my access to the platforms are all stand-alone
machines where I cannot build in parallel via NFS or DFS.

Also some feedback from Rasmus is apprieciated for the additional
--activate-module option and the result from him on using it with his PHP3.

Greetings,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com