httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject APACI: Commit Strategy
Date Fri, 27 Mar 1998 16:39:45 GMT

It currently seems like the group as a whole thinks the inclusion of APACI
into 1.3 is worth the effort (which I appreciate), although some of us would
like to see it later (which is an acceptable point of view, of course). So,
I'm currently planning the commit strategy for APACI. 

Today I went through the files and cleaned up a lot of comments, messages and
other stuff. And I've adjusted the paths for Commit Variant 1 (CV1, see STATUS
file). It works great here, so I've uploaded the current version again to for those who want to test
more. APACI looks ready, except for the fact that I'm not 100% sure what to do
with the mod_perl support in APACI (either remove it [the --add-modperl
option] or receive an ok from Doug that he really puts our new
1.3-src/modules/perl/Makefile.tmpl into _his_ mod_perl distribution, so
APACI's --add-modperl can fetch it from there; Just a semi-useable option is
not acceptable).

But nevertheless on the weekend I will go to at least all major Unix platforms
I've access to and again proof that APACI works out-of-the-box without
problems. Because I really want to avoid last minute problems. If it
successfully passes all of these real-live tests, I'll commit it on Sunday or
Monday. Then we should all test a few days more to be sure it works fine and
then I think we should really consider rolling 1.3b6 out.

Is this an acceptable strategy?
Or should we hold on because we need even more time?

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall

View raw message