httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@engelschall.com (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject Re: RewriteRule [P] working right under 1.3b6-dev?
Date Fri, 27 Mar 1998 15:42:28 GMT

In article <351BB386.B57F35CB@iii.co.uk> you wrote:

> Just found something else which appears to me to have changed behaviour on
> 1.3b6-dev (19980324080024)

> In my server configuration I have been using a rewrite rule:

> RewriteRule /proxy/test(.*) http://foo$1 [P]

> instead of the similar ProxyPass equivalent

> ProxyPass /proxy/test http://foo

> Now I have 1.3, the RewriteRule doesn't function how I would expect (if I were
> more confident I would say it was broken, but I may have missed something!).
> ProxyPass behaves as before.

> Anyhow, if I enter this URL

> http://main.server/proxy/test/xx?yy

> I get this appearing in the server logs for foo

> 195.89.149.194 - - [27/Mar/1998:14:07:09 +0000] "GET /xx%3Fyy?yy HTTP/1.0" 404
> 158

> If there is no query-string it all works fine.

Ok, I've found the problem: As I said, the recently added URL parsing stuff
introduced some new behaviour in mod_proxy and thus mod_rewrite has to arrange
things a little bit different to be able to pass an URL through mod_proxy.
I've comitted a fix for this problem by work-around the problematic cases
inside mod_proxy. I've tested it and it now works again as expected.  Thanks
for the report.

Greetings,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com