httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3 STATUS
Date Thu, 26 Mar 1998 23:28:48 GMT
Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> But
> nevertheless I think the code freeze is not over, or is it? I think we should
> not commit new stuff now blindly just because we voted +1 for APACI. That we
> make an exception shouldn't mean that we go and no longer are pessimistic
> about such stuff.

Unless we decide to allow the Release Manager to have real teeth,
and to abide by their decisions, code freezes mean nothing at all.
There will _always_ be "something" that "just needs to be added"
or "doesn't break anything at all but adds a real cool feature"...
And as long as we consider our own wants and needs as > that of
the group, then we will keep up this absurd situation of beta
releases never being released.

Not a comment directed towards APACI, just an observation of the status
quo.