httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@engelschall.com (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3 STATUS
Date Thu, 26 Mar 1998 18:43:41 GMT

In article <199803261554.KAA12839@devsys.jaguNET.com> you wrote:
> chuck@hyperreal.org wrote:
>>
>>   Change to +0 my vote for inclusion APACI. I am still slightly tempted to -1,
>>   but for no good reason other than the incredibly condescending comments
>>   associated with it. This addition has been a classic exercise in social
>>   and political ineptness. C'est la vie; it's good code. No release soon,
>>   anyway, so I guess code freeze is over.
>>
> Chuck... I know _exactly_ how you feel...

Yes, I also know how Chuck seems to feel and really accept his point of view,
although I always though that the +0 is more fair as a vetoing -1 here. But
nevertheless I think the code freeze is not over, or is it? I think we should
not commit new stuff now blindly just because we voted +1 for APACI. That we
make an exception shouldn't mean that we go and no longer are pessimistic
about such stuff. So, please don't understand me wrong here: I'm not against
any guidelines. I think they are essential. I just think sometimes the
weighting on advantages and disadvantages should have more priority than
strictly following guidelines. But that should be not the general case.

Greetings,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com