httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/main http_main.c
Date Sun, 22 Mar 1998 00:27:06 GMT
Marc Slemko wrote:

> Sheesh.  This "defend Configure for being the be all and end all" is
> getting tiring.

I've never said nor implied the above. I've admitted that there are
aspects of Configure which are totally bogus, such as the lame
"stick with only System7 shell compatibility" which is major
pain in the ass. If we could change it to something more modern,
or even make it something like perl, then we'd have something.
But this is what we have, and what we've had, and it's what we're
stuck with for 1.3. Once we start on 2.0 then everything is wide
open, and I will state that there are good and bad things about
Configure, same as there are good and bad about autoconf and whatever
we come up with should combine the good parts of both.

But loading commit logs and comments with agendas are, IMO, misguided.
That's what this list is for. :)