httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Kluft <ikl...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: Apache license
Date Fri, 20 Mar 1998 23:55:20 GMT
> From: rasmus@lerdorf.on.ca (Rasmus Lerdorf)
> Would anybody object if I used the text of the Apache license as the basis
> for the licensing terms for the new release of PHP?  Obviously any
> reference to Apache will be replaced with PHP and some of the wording will
> most likely change.  I also wasn't planning on having a "This license
> includes text written by the Apache Group..." in my license. ;)

Good timing.  We're using the stock Apache license with the JServ.  Last
night I looked through the license again and saw that some of it is not
as directly relevant as it used to be when the project started.  Now that
the JServ is evolving into a kind of server of its own, we probably need
to diverge the license too.  #5 looks like it'll need to specifically
reference the Java-Apache project.

I haven't brought this up for discussion with the Java-Apache list yet.
But while you've got the subject here, I'll jump in and let you know we
need to do the same thing.
--
Ian Kluft  KO6YQ PP-ASEL                                  Cisco Systems, Inc.
ikluft@cisco.com (work)  ikluft@thunder.sbay.org (home)          San Jose, CA