httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject src/support/ cleanup?
Date Thu, 19 Mar 1998 10:29:51 GMT

Our src/support/ now looks really better then in the past, except for
one fact: There are still old and obsolete files in there which
already don't provide anything useful to the user, I think:

    This was for Apache 1.0 and 1.1 where the phf.cgi script was buggy
    and where one could take this script to show the bad guys.
    ==> Suggestion: REMOVE!

    This uses raw Perl socket stuff which is not very portable and
    lacks parameters via argument lines, manual pages, etc. And
    its functionality is already superseeded by "apachectl status".
    ==> Suggestion: REMOVE!

    This compares a string to a mask but I never needed it
    any I don't know for what situation it really was needed.
    ==> Suggestion: Either document it or REMOVE!

    This is a readme file which just provides another
    dbmmanage prototype for the future. It is not useable and
    just confuses the people.
    ==> Suggestion: REMOVE!

I personally want to just remove all four files because

  1. they are not needed with Apache 1.3
  2. they just confuse people because they are not documented
     or at least easily parameterizable.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall

View raw message