httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0 STATUS
Date Wed, 18 Mar 1998 18:50:53 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> The point is, if you're busy, and I'm busy, and nobody else is doing it,
> then the claim that we can maintain Configure as well as
> autoconf/libtool/automake holds a lot less truth.

To some extent, sure, but not that much. We all have very different
schedules... We all realize that. But using that as an argument against
something is no more fair than saying "I don't think we should use
XXX's idea because who knows if he'll be around to work on it."
Certainly we've seen major sections of code lie dormant for awhile
and then  WOOSH! a rush of activity as someone's schedule opens
up... That's the nature of the beast :)

And Ralf just did a big update to it... so someone else _is_ working
on it (and recall that Paul did a major chunk a few months ago) :)