httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0 STATUS
Date Tue, 17 Mar 1998 15:31:58 GMT
rasmus@bellglobal.com wrote:

> Oh boy, campaigning to keep Configure in 2.0?  Shoot me now!

Oh... I have no allegience to Configure, other than my distaste for
autoconf :) It just looks really silly when you see comments in code
like "our configuration system sucks" which indicates that people
are ignorant of the (possibly bogus) limitations that Configure
has had imposed on it from day1. It sucks because we limit what it
can do. It would be like Ben adding on every commit he does "boy C
sucks". Comparing a chained Configure to a unfettered configure
is bogus.