httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src Configuration.tmpl
Date Tue, 17 Mar 1998 14:06:44 GMT

In article <> you wrote:

>   	The majority feeling seems to be that Rule HIDE should default
>   	to "yes"; make it so.  People who are debugging can turn it
>   	off for ease of name-typing, but the default as distributed
>   	should try to play well with others.

Although I'm in the minority here, I think it looks a little bit strange now
that -DHIDE is always optically part of the build process. Because when its
the default it's the default optic. And until now I liked that we had the
default optic with as less options as possible. And only when you switch
something it changed to more defines, etc. Hmmm... now I personally would
change HIDE to DEBUG and include hide.h only if DEBUG is not set or something
this way. Hmmm... but just my $0.02 on cosmetics...

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall

View raw message