httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@engelschall.com (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/test zb.c
Date Mon, 16 Mar 1998 18:33:27 GMT

In article <Pine.BSF.3.95q.980316110119.17704B-100000@valis.worldgate.com> you wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Mar 1998, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

>> rse         98/03/16 07:23:25
>>
>>   Modified:    src/test zb.c
>>   Log:
>>   Argl, ZeusBench is such a useful utility, but the author seems to come from
>>   VMS or DOS land: Options after arguments :-( We are in Unix land, so make
>>   ZeusBench interface Unix-like as anyone would expect: options first, then
>>   remaining non-option arguments...

> Is that really wise?

> Not only is it pretending we can make version numbers for a program that
> someone else puts out, but it makes it completely incompatible with
> ZeusBench...

Hmmmm... I see your point, Marc. But I think we should keep the change
somewhere. We could copy it to another name. Perhaps:

   zb.c   for the original ZeusBench 1.0
   ab.c   for Apache Bench ;-)

How about this? This way we can adjust this nice benchmarking tool
even more for our own purpose without changing the original version.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com