httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@engelschall.com (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject APACI 980313: Give it a try
Date Fri, 13 Mar 1998 21:24:59 GMT

Now that we have complete shared object support for all modules I've enhanced
my APACI stuff to support shared object building, too. A lot of other
enhancements were done, too (--add-module=mod_xxx.c to add a module on-the-fly
to the build process, --enable-module=most for only enabling those modules
which are really usable anywhere, etc.).

A few scenarios for illustration of APACI?
Here it is:

1. Joe Average:
   $ ./configure --prefix=/tmp/apache
   $ make install

2. Full installation with most modules
   $ ./configure --prefix=/tmp/apache --enable-module=most
   $ make install

3. Full installation with most modules but all which are
   not enabled per default in src/Configuration.tmpl are
   build as shared objects for later use:
   $ ./configure --prefix=/tmp/apache \
                 --enable-module=most --enable-shared=remain
   $ make install

4. Full installation with most modules and all are build as shared
   objects:
   $ ./configure --prefix=/tmp/apache \
                 --enable-module=most --enable-shared=max
   $ make install

5. Installation of a Reverse Proxy package:
   $ ./configure --prefix=/tmp/apache \
                 --disable-module=all \
                 --enable-module=log_config \
                 --enable-module=mime \
                 --enable-module=rewrite \
                 --enable-module=proxy
   $ make install

6. Installation with an own private module as a shared object:
   $ ./configure --prefix=/tmp/apache \
                 --add-module=/path/to/my/mod_foo.c \
                 --enable-shared=foo
   $ make install

Please give it a try now and send me some feedback.

Thanks!
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com