httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject Re: #define collisions
Date Thu, 05 Mar 1998 10:39:00 GMT

In article <> you wrote:

> Isn't any module using autoconf practically guaranteeing a conflict with
> anything else using autoconf?

Not in general. As long as all packages use the _SAME_ autoconf defines this
is no problem. In other words: Using just the pre-defined autoconf stuff makes
usually no problems. But custom defines can conflict, of course.

In case of Rasmus' HAVE_CRYPT_H this should be no problem. Because per
convention this means <crypt.h> is available for #include. So what exactly is
the problem for you, Rasmus, when Apache says HAVE_CRYPT_H?

>> Well, we knew this was coming.  Now that I am including the Apache header
>> files with all the appropriate -D's set, I am hitting a couple of
>> collisions.  HAVE_CRYPT_H from conf.h, for example.  Is there some logic
>> behind using autoconf-style #define's here?  Aren't we pretty much
>> guaranteeing clashes with any module using autoconf by doing this?

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall

View raw message