httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/include hide.h
Date Wed, 04 Mar 1998 21:07:10 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> I don't believe that apache has ever made any guarantees that you could
> compile against its header files without supplying the #defines that are
> supplied in the apache makefiles.

I think this assumes that the module uses the Apache-specific
HAVE_, USE_, etc.. #defines to handle how the _module_ should
behave. Of course, the one's provided with Apache do, but I
don't know if others do.

How does one build mod_perl? Is it completely under the Apache-
Configure/Makefile process (ie: you put the full source in
the Apache tree) or is it "build mod_perl seperately and then
link Apache with the library" (ala mod_php).