httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/include hide.h
Date Wed, 04 Mar 1998 20:19:51 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> This is so silly.  It can't break any modules which -DHIDE and #include
> hide.h.  If we declare that to be the default (which I think we're
> agreeing on)

I'm not agreeing on it because it affects so many outside modules...
I think that this has mutated from a way of hiding "some"
name-space collisions to some sort of global renaming. I agree with
the former, but not the latter, the latter being better suited
for 2.0.

As I understand it, all external modules would need to be updated
to include hide.h and define HIDE when they are being built...
I don't see why we are imposing this right now. What we are doing
is half-assed, and I can't see why we are making things
tough for module writers. This whole thing was supposed to
make things EASIER for them, not tougher :/

> Rasmus is broken right now because he's not doing that.

I doubt if any other module writers are either