httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@engelschall.com (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject Re: Hidden symbols
Date Tue, 03 Mar 1998 17:15:41 GMT

In article <ML-3.3.888941665.113.rasmus@asf.bellglobal.com> you wrote:

> Thought this might be of interest to someone.  When I compile in mod_php3
> with HIDE=yes I get the following unresolved symbols.  A good list of
> API functions needed by a semi-complex module.

> rwrite                              modules/extra/libphp3.a(main.o)
>[...]

<grin> Sure, you have use -DHIDE and include conf.h yourself.  But it's
interesting to see how much Apache functions are used by third-party modules,
yes. Although strictly speaking these are either not all considered real API
functions or at least we lamers haven't defined which functions belong to the
API and which not... Hmmm.. I really would like to see the recently discussed
function renaming...

Greetings,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com