httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Ouch! New stuff in unix/os.h
Date Tue, 03 Mar 1998 15:39:26 GMT
rasmus@bellglobal.com wrote:

> Just to expand on my previous note.  Obviously I can have my autoconf
> check for dlfcn.h and define HAS_DLFCN if it is there, but I don't like
> the direction this is going in.  We are creating a maze for module authors
> here.

Hmmm... we could create a platform.h header that includes the
OS type and have that included at the start of httpd.h...
Now if os/os.h would include httpd.h then it might work.

The rub is that the OS-define is done on the command-line
of the Apache make. This can be changed, but then we need to
make sure that _all_ compiled files include the platform.h
stuff.

This is something that definately needs to be fixed for/in 2.0...