httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [CONTRIB] Autoconf Interface Emulation
Date Sun, 01 Mar 1998 18:04:14 GMT
Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> In article <199803011623.LAA28718@devsys.jaguNET.com> you wrote:
>
> > Nope. Not for 1.3. We all agreed about that.
> > -1
>
> Have you really looked into the code, Jim?

Nope... I vetoed it for concept. If it was earlier in the 1.3 cycle
and there wasn't such a debate on the whole [cC]onfigure stuff,
then I would be much more open. I'll be honest: I think it's
a neat concept. In fact, I'd _like_ to +1 it. But I can't.
It's a new concept, and a new feature and just doesn't belong
this late in the game for a 1.3.0 release. Since the odds are
good that a 1.3.1 will be in the future, I think this would be
a neat addition for that (since a 1.3.1 will be much more than
the simple 1.3.0->1.3.1 would make you believe).

So let me clarify: -1 for 1.3.0, +1 (concept) for 1.3.x/2.x