httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [CONTRIB] Autoconf Interface Emulation
Date Sun, 01 Mar 1998 16:27:54 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Nope. Not for 1.3. We all agreed about that.
>
> -1

As further thoughts, the main reason why is that this (1) introduces
yet another wrinkle into the configure/Configuration scheme. It's
bad enough supporting one mode, but 2? (2) We are too close to 1.3
for this to be added IMO (3) It basically side-steps the whole
Configure/configure discussion, since I see this as a quick
and easy way for people to then say "but we already support
a configure front end... why be half-assed?". I don't like
end-runs.