httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David D'Antonio" <...@newsedge.com>
Subject RE: "apache extended" log format
Date Mon, 02 Mar 1998 22:21:40 GMT
On Sunday, March 01, 1998 10:19 AM, Rodent of Unusual Size
[SMTP:Ken.Coar@Golux.Com] wrote:
> Marc Slemko wrote:
> >
> >                                          In addition, all servers generate
> >         log files in basic CERN/NCSA Common Log File format, a proprietary
> >         format ...
>
> CLF is a proprietary format?

Sure, didn't you know. If it has someone's name attached to it, then its
proprietary.
Now, if it were the "Open Log File" format, that would be different.

> It's clear that any of these article writers will vanish in a puff
> of foul-smelling smoke if they get within line-of-sight of any schools
> of journalism.  And clews to them are like holy symbols to vampires..

Unfortunately, having seen the evening news lately, I think that this is what
the journalism schools are turning out!

> #ken	P-)}

DDA

--
David D'Antonio CNE - dda@SpamBeGone.NewsEdge.com
 Some they do and some they don't and some ya just can't tell