httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@lerdorf.on.ca (Rasmus Lerdorf)
Subject More function naming conflicts
Date Fri, 06 Feb 1998 15:33:39 GMT
Somebody somewhere is really out to get me.  The latest Solid (an RDBMS)
libs have no less than 5 function naming conflicts with Apache.  I don't
see why in the world they have a "send_http_header" function for example,
but something like "process request" is way too generic a name for Apache
to have as a non-static function.  It would be nice if every single
non-static Apache function was clearly labelled with whatever prefix it
was we decided on for these things.

http_request.o: Definition of symbol `process_request' (multiply defined)
http_protocol.o: Definition of symbol `send_http_header' (multiply defined)
util.o: Definition of symbol `ht_time' (multiply defined)
util.o: Definition of symbol `gm_timestr_822' (multiply defined)
util.o: Definition of symbol `unescape_url' (multiply defined)

-Rasmus