httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@lerdorf.on.ca (Rasmus Lerdorf)
Subject Re: apache/linux modules
Date Tue, 03 Feb 1998 01:57:06 GMT
> It generates the log, but that isn't automaticaly and directly applied to
> the next time you run it.

But an autoconf configure also generates a config.status file.  For
example, the PHP config.status on my machine has the following comment at
the top:

#! /bin/sh
# Generated automatically by configure.
# Run this file to recreate the current configuration.
# This directory was configured as follows,
# on host asf:
#
# ./configure  --with-mysql --with-apache=/export/home/rasmus/apache-1.3
--with-config-file-path=/u/www --disable-debug --enable-url
-includes --enable-bcmath
#
# Compiler output produced by configure, useful for debugging
# configure, is in ./config.log if it exists.

I believe this is exactly what you are looking for, and autoconf has been
doing this for ages.  I simply do a ./config.status whenever I want to
rebuild PHP with the same flags as the last time I ran ./configure.

-Rasmus