httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: other/1872: Problem with configuration file (fwd)
Date Thu, 26 Feb 1998 01:04:05 GMT
You mean like (from upgrading to 1.3):

  <LI><STRONG><SAMP>AuthName</SAMP> strings may need to be quoted</STRONG>
    in <SAMP>.htaccess</SAMP> or server configuration files.  If you use
    an <SAMP>AuthName</SAMP> directive like this:
    <P>
    <PRE>
     AuthName This and That
    </PRE>
    </P>
    you will need to change it to
    <P>
    <PRE>
     AuthName "This and That"
    </PRE>
    </P>
    This change was made for HTTP/1.1 compliance.

Although I completely disagree with the last line of that.

Dean