httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/regex Makefile.tmpl
Date Thu, 12 Feb 1998 21:12:51 GMT
Without the *.c I couldn't have generated dependencies for every single
file... in the past this was an issue because, for example, I couldn't
compile mod_auth_msql on my systems.  But these days since I can compile
everything I suppose it couuld be changed.

This code was in the server until Paul's Makefile rearrangement.  It was
just never cleaned up after the Makefile rearrangement.

On Thu, 12 Feb 1998, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> >
> > I'm also a little bit concerned about the automatic
> > makedepend on "*.c".
> Indeed, I found that this varfs on my Digital UNIX system when
> it tries to process mod_auth_db - because DU doesn't have a
> db.h file in the include tree.  Who knows what else will cause
> indigestion on other systems.. but make depend shouldn't be
> run often, and hardly at all except by us.
> #ken	P-)}

View raw message