httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Patch: apache/linux modules
Date Thu, 12 Feb 1998 01:58:29 GMT

On Tue, 3 Feb 1998, Cristian Gafton wrote:

> 	- I did not get (yet) the proxy module to work, so if you want
> shared modules and proxy this patch is one version too early for you.

The proxy module calls find_ct which is in mod_mime.  The API lacks the
functionality needed to avoid this call.

You tweak all the paths in httpd.h ... when you could just redefine them
elsewhere, that's why we #ifdef wrap the definitions.

You could decrease the size of the patch by replacing sections like:

-module alias_module;
+
+#ifdef DYNAMIC_MODULES
+#define MODULE_NAME module_info
+#else
+#define MODULE_NAME alias_module
+#endif
+
+module MODULE_NAME;

With

#ifdef DYNAMIC_MODULES
#define alias_module module_info
#endif

... and then the patch for each module would only be three lines long (and
would mean less work when apache releases new versions of 1.2).

I didn't really look at the loading code because I forget what was fixed
between 1.2 and 1.3... Alexei or Paul should know more.

Dean