httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: \[contrib\] mod_mmap_static.c v0.03
Date Mon, 09 Feb 1998 19:25:30 GMT

On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> I dislike this, too. But its the best we can do currently, I think to be open
> for the future. And we have not discovered any side-effects of this approach,
> haven't we?

No I was just surprised by it... I was assuming that if r->filename !=
NULL then it was a valid filename... but that's not always the case.  In
all phases after translate_name you can test (r->finfo.st_mode != 0) to
discover if it's a valid filename and the file exists.  But there's no way
to ask "is this supposed to be a filename?"

Doesn't matter, I worked around my need for that.

Dean