httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: overhead of extra modules?
Date Mon, 09 Feb 1998 06:51:03 GMT
In 1.2.x they have a significant effect because run_method isn't optimized
to remove NULLs from the call lists... like 7% of the time or something
ridiculous like that is spent looking at NULLs since run_method is called
like 7 times per request.

In 1.3 they have a lesser effect... but we haven't accepted Dmitry's
optimization patch that fixes invoke_handler() in the same way.  Mostly
because I haven't been able to get a test environment that can handle the
load apache can now sustain ;)  So I haven't been able to measure the
actual improvement of Dmitry's patch...

Dean