httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/main buff.c (fwd)
Date Sat, 07 Feb 1998 10:47:40 GMT
I really am sorry to have found this tonight... but I like I said in the
commit, I really think it's a Good Thing for us to get chunked encoding
correct ASAP.  I'm confident this will work, and that it'll get enough
testing in two weeks of 1.3b4 release for us to be happy with 1.2.6
solving the chunked problems.

Oh and I'm +0 on including the new src/modules/test directory in a
distribution.  I don't care either way.  I just want to be able to put
testing modules somewhere.

Dean

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 7 Feb 1998 10:34:47 -0000
From: dgaudet@hyperreal.org
To: apache-1.3-cvs@hyperreal.org
Subject: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/main buff.c

dgaudet     98/02/07 02:34:47

  Modified:    src/main buff.c
  Log:
  Sorry guys I know we're trying to get 1.3b4 rolled, but I really really
  really want chunking to work since it is affecting the deployment of
  HTTP/1.1.  I've stressed this patch a fair amount with a module I'll
  check in shortly.

  Two more chunking bugs:

  - start_chunk() called bflush() called start_chunk() caused chaos
  - if we ended up in the tail of bwrite() where a memcpy happens to copy
      the remainder, in certain boundary cases with chunking we would
      go past the end of the buffer

  Just generally clean up chunking a bit.  This would be a lot easier if
  chunking were just a layered I/O handler.