httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: A question on ka requests
Date Wed, 04 Feb 1998 21:40:05 GMT
On Wed, 4 Feb 1998, Igor Tatarinov wrote:

> Yeah, right I wasn't careful in my comments. Each ka requests costs
> only sizeof(request_rec)=340 (on my Solaris).

Thanks for the hint.  I fixed the leak.

Have I mentioned lately that I really hate auto initializations?

    type variable = initializer;

In my opinion, using initializers tends to:

- create long lines that need to be broken

- create inefficient code, because sometimes the value isn't needed at
    at until after an initial test that leaves the function immediately.
    And if the initializer does something like get_module_config (like
    a lot of them do) then it's a total waste of time.

- create silly bugs caused by values being initialized far from their
    use

Dean