httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: http bytes -> network ratio ?
Date Wed, 04 Feb 1998 19:42:31 GMT
It's way to hard to figure out this way.  It's way easier to just log the
total filesize of every object sent, and ask either your tcp/ip stack
(i.e. accounting rules if you have them) or your nearest router for how
much the machine really sent.

Otherwise you have to consider stuff like the initial and final handshakes
of every connection... various MTU sizes... retransmissions... yadda
yadda.

Dean