httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: apache/linux modules
Date Tue, 03 Feb 1998 04:11:31 GMT

On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Cristian Gafton wrote:

> That means separate patches for building under different platforms, etc,
> etc.

1.3 should build on all platforms with the same Configuration file.  Well,
at least it should handle all of the Linux platforms that the redhat folks
build... I *think* got it all right, feel free to show us where you need
extra arguments for specific platforms.

I do this regularly, I use the same Configuration file on linux and
solaris for example when developing.  In fact I'd use the same
configuration file everywhere... the only changes I make are usually
non-platform specific.

On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Cristian Gafton wrote:

> - Patching httpd.h to accomodate the Linux File System standard
> (installing by default in the /usr/local is broken, having apache look by
> default in /usr/local/etc is also broken)

See 1.3b4-dev and 1.2.6-dev ... see http://dev.apache.org/ for info on how
to find the development releases.  You can add these as -D options on the
EXTRA_CFLAGS line.

> - Patching Makefile to accomodate different compiler args on Alpha, Sparc
> and Intel

What different compiler args?  1.3 should work out of the box on all of
those.  1.2 doesn't (and won't), we know that.

Dean