httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: apache/linux modules
Date Tue, 03 Feb 1998 02:15:11 GMT
On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Cristian Gafton wrote:

> There is no module involved in what I propose: just dlopen() some shared
> objects, check them for compatibility and that's it...

Maybe you're not familiar with the Apache API.  It's there for a reason,
so that the core doesn't have to contain the kitchen sink.  I'd rather
examine why the API is deficient than add dlopen() to the core.  I'm sure
others will agree.

For one thing, dlopen() doesn't work on win32, so another solution is
needed there... that solution already exists, and is a module (mod_dll).

Dean