httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <>
Subject Re: [BUG] with include paths and regex.h
Date Tue, 03 Feb 1998 00:23:29 GMT

On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> > Win32.  Even though it is only one platform, it has enough bugs to be
> > talked about in the plural.
> >
> Yep... of course, would autoconf work ?

Yeah it would, because you can provide all the answers for autoconf
without it having to run the shell script.  So we need to maintain all
those answers for platforms on which the shell script doesn't run... and
this work is about the same as the work we have for our current

So in the end autoconf should mean *less* work because we don't have to do
anything special for many platforms any more (like, say, try to figure out
which !@#$ revs of HPUX have rlim_t and which don't, excuse me if I got
this example wrong, but HPUX is a pain in our current config).

That's why I'm for it.

View raw message