httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: apache/linux modules
Date Tue, 03 Feb 1998 00:18:12 GMT
Hey no way :)

Ok so I met cygnus employee #1 at a party, we're chatting, yadda yadda.
He states "if autoconf doesn't do something right then why haven't you
told us?"

I work with ex-cygnus employee #2, we're chatting, yadda yadda.  He states
"if autoconf doesn't do something right then why haven't you sent mail to
the maintainer?"

If 2.0 is a rewrite (I'm beginning to agree with Roy and Rasmus and
whomever else on this one) then starting with autoconf means that for
those platforms that we have *active* support we'll still be sure to get
it right.  For those platforms that we don't have active support, oh well.
We try our best (autoconf is a really good way to try to support posix
platforms you don't have access to).

Dean