httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: apache/linux modules
Date Tue, 03 Feb 1998 00:11:37 GMT

On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Cristian Gafton wrote:

> The same exact type of overriding and special test cases you can do with
> autoconf too. In this respect there is no difference. I did not say that
> autoconf will save you in cases like this. I said that it will simplify
> other tests and lists of features for each platform.

Yup, this is what I said in my first message about autoconf this morning.

I know autoconf supports hacks like this.  My point was that Apache and
autoconf use a different architecture naming method, and so moving from
one to the other is going to be a painful process.

It's debatable whether it's easier with autoconf or with Configure... what
I do know is that Configure works well enough right now that I'm not
overly keen on breaking everything soon.

But with 2.0, sure.  We should just start with an empty repository, agree
to use autoconf correctly, and populate things as they become necessary.
(Hi Roy!)

Dean